Thursday, April 10, 2008

first attempt at coloring with copics

Hello! It's been a few days. I certainly intended to post some of the cards I did this past weekend for VSN, but somehow, it didn't happen. I still plan to do that, but for today, I have my first attempt at coloring an image with Copic alcohol markers. I made this card for 2 challenges on Splitcoast, the sketch challenge and the ways to use it challenge. The flower is one I love, a single coneflower from Cornish Heritage Farms.

I stamped the flower on white mat coat card stock using adirondack pitch black ink. Because the card stock has a smooth coating on it, I had to wait a while for the ink to dry. Since I've only been able to purchase a few at a time, I have a limited number of Copic colors, , so I had to work with colors I have. There's no doubt that I need a lot of practice using these. After I colored the image, I cut it out.

I ran the river rock card stock through my cuttlebug with the swiss dots embossing folder (also a first time use). The soft sky oval was cut with a coluzzle, and the black was punched with my giga scalloped oval punch. Dots were added with black marker and white gel pen.

In order to incorporate the ways to use it, I added some moss eyelets to the word window punches. I popped the flower up on mounting tape.

Supplies:
stamps: single coneflower (Cornish Heritage Farms)
ink: pitch black (adirondack)
paper: always artichoke, river rock, soft sky, basic black, white mat coat
other: copic markers, white gel pen, coluzzle, giga scallop circle punch (Marvy Uchida), word window punch, moss eyelets, crop-a-dile, mounting tape.

I'm so glad you stopped by.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been a big fan of this sketch but I LOVE your card using it! The flower really stands out!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...if that is your first try at Copics I think you are a natural!!! Well done! So happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I love the way you slanted the oval. Nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the coloring Melody! Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your happy comments make me smile!