Good morning. I didn't realize it's been a whole week since I blogged. So you get to see double today. I spent yesterday stamping with my sister and cousin, and only took two stamp sets with me, since I had looked at the inspiration challenge on SCS and had an idea of what I wanted to do. I meant to grab a background stamp and forgot, so what I had in mind was a bit different. I may start with an idea, but I am really a 'design as I go' type of stamper, so I don't usually like to limit myself quite so much. But this time, I think the limitations actually worked for me. I ended up making two cards, a little bit similar and yet quite different.Both cards use stamps from SU's embrace life and Innovative Stamp Creations' friendship. I finished the second card after I got back home, since I wanted to use my white gel pen, some glitter, and a different sentiment.
On the first one, I started by stamping a few flowers on the white circle. I had three flowers that were already colored with a copic marker and cut out, but I could see right away that wasn't enough, so I just kept stamping, coloring and cutting flowers and stacking and arranging them until I liked it. I really have no idea how many flowers are on this. I kinda like having the one falling off. The butterfly is also stamped twice and layered. All the piercing is faux.
I hadn't planned on making this second card, but I had finished the first, also made another for my Tuesday class and cut all the kits, and still had time, so I just started playing and ended up with a second card. Easy watercolor on the blue flower (stamp with stazon on watercolor paper, outline a bit with marker and use waterbrush to spread the ink around - I love it). The red flowers are just colored by scribbling the marker back and forth, not worrying about staying in the lines, since I was cutting them out anyway. I cut the piece of kraft card stock at an angle and then played with my new scalloped border punch from SU. I love how easy it was to use.supplies card 1
stamps: embrace life (SU), friendship (Innovative Stamp Creations)
ink: jet black stazon, sahara sand, read red, Copic marker (R29)
paper: sahara sand, bashful blue, whisper white
other: coluzzle, black marker, dimensionals
supplies card 2
stamps: embrace life, warm words (SU), friendship (Innovative Stamp Creations)
ink: jet black stazon, read red, ballet blue
paper: basic black, kraft, ballet blue, whisper white, watercolor
other: waterbrush, coluzzle, crystal effects, dazzling diamonds glitter, white gel pen, piercing tool, scalloped border punch, dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great week.
They are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOh Melody,those are beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteI like the red flower falling off too! Love the butterflies also....great job with your "limited" supplies!
ReplyDeleteMelody, the first card is absolutely gorgeous.......the other is great too...
ReplyDelete