Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Texturize

Hello everyone. This card I have to show you was really fun to make. It's for a world card making day challenge over at the CLASSroom and it's all about texture, which makes this a fun, feely card.

First I stamped a bunch of stems with a stem stamp from SU's hostess set, Happiness Always. Then I cut some felt circles and attached them with white brads and added some stamped leaves.

For the big flower, I made a nested circle flower, which was one of the challenges for world card making day on splitcoast. I used fabric circles and a button. This became the final flower. I attached this layer to night of navy and a tempting turquoise card base.

I stamped a sentiment from One of a Kind and punched out the words only with my 1-1/4" circle punch. For the layer behind it and the photo corner, I attached some drywall tape to night of navy card stock and punched it. Both pieces are raised on foam tape.

To finish off the card, I tore a narrow strip of fabric and wrapped it around the front of the card and tied a knot.

supplies:
stamps: happiness always, one of a kind
ink: always artichoke, night of navy
paper, tempting turquoise, night of navy, very vanilla
other: fabric, button, felt, white brads, drywall tape, photo corner punch, 1-1/4" & 1-3/8" circle punches, foam tape.

Thank you for stopping by. Be blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Melody, I love your creativeness and I have tagged you on my blog:
    http://www.rightbrainmadness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the texture you added to this card. It is so different and SO interesting! Thank you yet again for participating in our WCMD challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your happy comments make me smile!