Sunday, January 25, 2009

challenges

Hello. Today I worked on a couple more challenges from the Gina K release party. You will notice that I've been trying really hard to use more designer paper on my cards. I still struggle with it, and I'm not sure it's getting any easier, but I keep hoping.

The first card is for a sketch challenge. I don't have a lot of Gina K stamps, so sometimes I really have to get creative with the ones I have. I used the leaves and a sentiment from botanical dreams. The flower blossom is made from old music paper. There is a tutorial here. It's not the best quality, but I think you can figure out what is being done. The leaves are sponged to color. Otherwise, I think the card is pretty self-explanatory.

stamps: botanical dreams (Gina K)
ink: jet black stazon, certainly celery, old olive, always artichoke, taken with teal
paper: taken with teal, very vanilla, dp (unknown)
other: buttons, sponge, foam tape












The second card challenge was to stamp something sweet. Again, my stamps were seriously limited, but I found something that worked. The tee was stamped on dp and cut out. The front panel is popped up. The 'candy' was a Christmas gift from my offspring. I added some ribbon and faux stitching.

stamps: little tees (Gina K)
ink: jet black stazon, chocolate chip
paper: chocolate chip, very vanilla, dp (Basic Grey Phoebe), pink dp (unknown)
other: ribbon (Michaels), candy pompom stickers (Martha Stewart), foam tape

Thanks for stopping by. Be blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Just found your site and really am enjoying what I see. You have such great color choices. I love to see how you create the cards that you come up with. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are very pretty. I love the flower on the top card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like both cards, but of course, I'm drawn to the blue one more!! Love the flower

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your happy comments make me smile!