I started by die cutting some ovals with nestabilities and my cuttlebug. Then I stamped the butterfly from Flores Suaves (SU Spanish supplement) once on the smallest oval and once on another piece of white cardstock. I colored them with a red prismacolor pencil and gamsol. After cutting out the 2nd butterfly, I glued it over the one on the oval and popped up the wings.I cut a piece of white and used a scallop border punch on both edges and glued two pieces of red grosgrain ribbon on it and then adhered that to a black card base. I added a black dot to each scallop.
The sentiment comes from an old SU set called Noteworthy. I layered the ovals together and popped them up on the card base.
Because the inspiration piece came from the crochet category on the site, I was going to use one or more crochet flowers, but just couldn't get them to look right. So I decided to use some punches to make the flowers. The petals are a Martha Stewart hydrangea punched 4 times for each flower. I scored down the center of each individual petal, sponged the edges with red, then folded a bit along the score lines and glued 4 together. The flower centers a 1/4" black punched cardstock. For the leaves, I punched some white 5-petal flowers, cut the petals apart, and used the same process as the flowers, but with black ink. Each flower is popped up with dimensional tape. There is really a lot of dimension on this card, although the camera doesn't pick it up.
It took me several hours to make this card, because I had a hard time getting it to come together, but I really love how it turned out.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a wonder-filled day.
Lovely Melody. Love b/w with the pop of red...I'm sure the dimension IRL just makes this card WOW
ReplyDeletea beautiful card and thank you for the birthday smiles you sent via SCS
ReplyDeletex
WOW!! This is gorgeous, Melody. I loved the site for the IC on Saturday and so wanted to play, but no time. You have made a stunner here!
ReplyDeleteI love Noteworthy for those little words. wow!
ReplyDelete