Sunday, May 27, 2012

Beauty

Hello, my friends.  A hot day here today.  I turned on the AC early. 

Last night I finished an art journal spread.  The challenge from our art journal club at OWSE yahoo group was to use a saran wrap technique, which was basically two layers of acrylic paint & then a layer of wrinkled saran wrap over the wet 2nd layer & allowing it to dry completely before removing the saran wrap.  Very fun look with a lot of texture. 

I sponged on a bit more paint using a couple of Crafter's Workshop stencils. 

My flowers were inspired by the flowers on a quilt I have in progress.  I just cut similar shapes, but much smaller than the quilt.  I cut the flowers, leaves and stems from some designer paper and sponged ink around the edges. 

After gluing the flowers, stems and leaves down, I added a lot of dots with a white gel pen. 

The sentiment is computer generated, cut apart and sponged. 

I finished the spread off with a bit of doodling around the outer edge. 

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you're enjoying your weekend. 

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! Thanks for the details on how you created the spread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun technique...it looks great in your photo, but I bet it's even more fun in real life. I love all the little details you added...dots, background stamps, etc. And the color palette is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Melody. Love your background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your happy comments make me smile!