Hello, my friends. I haven't done much creating lately. Sometimes I just don't feel like getting out my supplies and making something. But I'm OK with that, as long as I don't have a deadline to meet. I know it won't be long before I'm back at it.
Today I finally have my page done for July's Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge on SCS. For this month I chose Psalm 9:2 as my verse and made a two page spread. I used a technique presented at last week's art journal meeting at OWSE Yahoo group, called a UTEE technique.
The base is stamped tissue paper, or in my case, recycled coffee filters glued on my pages. After I use them, I rinse them well and let them dry. The coffee stains them like tea would, so they are fun to reuse. I used stamps from Donna Salazar, Tim Holtz, and Hero Arts with black archival ink. After stamping several coffee filters, I tore them into strips and glued them on my pages.
The technique then called for a stencil (mine is from Crafters Workshop), versamark ink, and white UTEE, which I was sure I didn't have, so I substitued white pigment ink and clear UTEE, with a second coat of white ink and regular white embossing powder. It turned out pretty good, but I think the white UTEE would have been better, and certainly easier. As it turns out, after I had done this, I went looking for something and found a jar of white UTEE. I think I've had it quite awhile and never used it, which is why it was forgotten. I will have to try the technique again and use the white UTEE, but for this one, I just went with what I had done.
After that, I brayered on some acrylic paint, dripped on some watercolor and flicked some ink on -- all part of the technique instructions. Oh, and a baby wipe was used to remove ink from the embossed areas.
For the front of the page, I printed out some digital papers from Computer Scrapbook. On one sheet, I printed the verse, so I could get a colored background instead of white. Then I used my new Sizzix hexagon die to cut hexagons from the digi papers. I sponged the edges with vintage photo distress ink and arranged them in a fun pattern on my pages and then glued them down. I'm really happy with how these turned out.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
You are the queen of recycle! Very clever use of the coffee filters!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you back to creating just a bit!
Wow Melody love these pages and the hexagons!
ReplyDeletexoxo