Saturday, January 26, 2013

21 cards - #24

Hello again.  Here's another card for the monthly challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art.  This post shows how I made the base for my cards. 

My inspiration jar words were: rainbow, flowers, and leaves.

Since the coffee filter is somewhat translucent and doesn't completely cover the words on the boxes I used for the base, I painted on a coat of white acrylic paint.  Then I used watercolor crayons and a water brush to make a rainbow background. 

I stamped the flower (which does have a couple of leaves kind of hidden in there) from Local King Rubber Stamps with tuxedo black Memento ink on white card stock and colored it with Copic markers.  Then I cut it out, using a craft knife to cut out the inner portions. 

The lace borders, from Gina K, were stamped with jet black archival ink on white. Then I sponged ruby red ink all over them to match the flowers.  I cut along the scallops. 

I have this sentiment on a stamp from Endless Creations, but it was too big to fit on the card, so I typed it up on the computer and printed it.  I cut apart the words so they would fit bordering alongside the flower. 

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit. 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it! Girl you are rocking on the inspiration jar idea!

    The background is beautiful. The darker flowers and border really pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your happy comments make me smile!