Wednesday, August 13, 2014

seriously?

Hi friends.  I looked out the window yesterday and noticed that one of my lilacs is blooming.  Since yesterday was a rainy, gloomy day, I waited until today to get a picture. 
I have a long row of lilacs, several different varieties.  I love when they are all in bloom and smell so wonderful.  All but this one.  This is a late blooming lilac that usually blooms a few weeks after all the others are done in the spring.  It's never had a lot of blooms, and I only saw two other tiny ones besides this one.  But seriously?  August?  I guess late doesn't have a time table.  

Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

  1. Oh Melody! This is gorgeous! I also love lilacs - my favorite fragrance. I have no green thumb so have to settle for lotions that have it in. This is beautiful!
    Love Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lilacs! They remind me of my grandma as she had bushes by her front and back door. Their scent greeted you coming and going!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your happy comments make me smile!