Monday, January 28, 2008

Lots of folding

Hello. I hope your week has started out great. Today's technique challenge on Splitcoast was a folded dahlia. This was something new for me and I loved the samples, so I decided that I must make one. And I think it will be the last one that I make. It was very hard to get all the folds even working with such small pieces. I guess I just don't have the patience to do that. The flower is made up of 8 circles that are folded a number of times and then arranged in a circle to form the flower, which turns out very pretty. I used my 1-3/8" circle punch and some designer paper that I've had for awhile. The paper was a blue-gray, so I built my card around that and pulled out a piece of bordering blue, which happens to be my least favorite color from SU. I decided I needed a couple of contrasting colors to make the card pop, so I chose elegant eggplant and cameo coral. The sketch I used was found here, a blog I just found today. I cut the white quarter circle the same as the dp, and then trimmed off the dp with my scallop scissors. I sponged the edges and added dots along the scallops. I pulled a 1/2" printed brad from my stash, lightly sanded it and topped it with a stamped circle and page pebble for the center of the flower. The square panel is popped up.

Details:
stamps: priceless, kind thoughts, fancy flexible phrases (SU)
ink: elegant eggplant
paper: bordering blue, elegant eggplant, cameo coral, whisper white, dp (unknown)
other: 1-3/8" & 1/2" circle punches, giga scallop circle punch (Marvy Uchida), scallop scissors (Fiskars), piercing tool, brad, page pebble.

I'm so glad you stopped by.

5 comments:

  1. you did an amazing job. I have seen this tech. and plan to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody, this is absolutely gorgeous! I'm going to try that paper folding with the smaller circle punch and see how it looks. I used my larger scalloped circle punch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colors and great job on the fold, these two challenges do go together perfect. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your happy comments make me smile!