Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sparkly Dahlia

Happy Sunday to you. The card I have to show you today just sorta happened. I had a stamped base layer in wasabi and pixie pink, with the sentiment in pomegranate, but I had set it aside, because I didn't like the color combination. But, since I had a half done card, I decided to finish it. I stamped the dahlia from fabulous flowers in pomegranate ink and cut it out. When I laid it on the card, I knew that the pink was going to have to go, so I stamped right over the pink flowers with pomegranate. I didn't use my stamp-a-ma-jig, so you can still see a shadow of the pink, but I kinda like that look. I added a few extra flowers, too. Sooooo much better with the new color. I mounted the dahlia on mounting tape and added diamond stickles around all the petals and in the small flower centers. I thought the upper left corner was too bare, so I punched a pomegranate flower with my boho blossoms punch, glued in on the corner and trimmed off the extra. Then I added some more stickles and I was done. It's not one of my better cards, but pretty easy and I like it.

Supplies:
stamps: fabulous flowers, baroque motifs
ink: wild wasabi, pixie pink, purely pomegranate
paper: naturals white, whisper white, purely pomegranate
other: diamond stickles, mounting tape, boho blossoms punch

I'm so glad you stopped by.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Melody, I love the sparkly flower! Love the double stamping on the flowers, they look so neat that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Melody! I love how the pink shows against the white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Melody,it is oh so pretty!!
    Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! The colors are some of my favs and this big flower is so much fun! Great job sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your happy comments make me smile!