Wednesday, October 28, 2009

how many layers?

Hi everyone. It's another gray, cloudy day here today. I would really like to see some sunshine. I have another card that I did on Saturday for the VSN mini on SCS. This challenge was to make a one layer card. Yup, just one piece of cardstock. I didn't even add any extra embellishments like ribbon or brads, etc. Just ink and paper.

I started with a vanilla card base. I used my cuttlebug and a nestabilities label to make a mask, which I used both parts. I masked the outside and sponged on the inside in chocolate chip and stamped the oak leaf from autumn splendor (SU) in really rust.

Then I removed the outside mask and used the inside one to draw around and make a border. I should have used another size die to make it easier, but instead I did it the hard way and had to pen in the color very carefully.

Leaving that mask in place, I sponged more mustard over the rest of the card.

Using some post-it notes, I left just a narrow strip open for a faux ribbon and sponged on really rust. I added stitches with a white gel pen.

I used my mat pack and a chocolate chip marker to make faux brads, which white gel pen highlights.

The sentiment is from pocket silhouettes (SU).

Thanks for stopping by today. Be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed! I thought for sure you had more than one layer there! I'd love to see it in person. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your happy comments make me smile!