Hello, my friends. I think my blog has been a bit neglected lately. I have been doing some crafty things, but I don't always post everything. When I prepare for my stamping classes each month, I rarely post my samples. I have also been working on the hexagon quilt blocks - usually while watching baseball. And then there are are art journal pages, which have a tendency to take many days to complete.
The journal spread I have today was actually finished several days ago, but I just didn't get a chance to post it. It started out as a project that I was going to share as a guest on the OWSE blog, but I decided to do something different for that one. I just finished the pages for that project tonight. I still have to take some more photos and do the write-up. I think it's scheduled to go live sometime next week.
I started these pages with a coating of gesso. Once that was dry, I sprayed some blues and brown ink sprays on and let them drip down the pages. I didn't like how bold the colors were, so when that was dry, I spread some more gesso on randomly with my fingers. It's fun to experiment.
I stamped a border down the outer edges and across the top and then brushed a light coating of gesso over it to mute it.
I stamped the big flowers (Stampendous) with tuxedo black memento ink on white card stock and then colored them with copic markers and cut them out. I added some white gel pen highlights.
For the stems, I started with watercolor crayons and a water brush, but then went over them with paint. The leaves are a hand carved stamp, which I stamped with paint and then filled in.
I wanted more color in the background, so I brushed some paint on bubble wrap and then stamped it onto the background, using several colors.
Next I glued the flowers down and added the computer generated sentiment.
For the top outer corners, I punched a wide border and then cut it apart. I think the punch is EK Success. After sponging with turquoise and ballet blue, I glued two pieces in each corner and trimmed the excess. Then I added just a bit of sponging along the outer edges of the spread.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a great week.
I love the blues and greens in this piece. The stamping with bubble wrap adds so much to your background.
ReplyDeleteI love seeing what you started with and then the final project! Perfect quote, BTW!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pages, Melody! Love seeing the 'before' too!
ReplyDelete