Happy new week, my friends. I recently joined an on-line group called Hands and Heart. It's about art journaling and mixed media, something I'm trying to learn about. There are prompts to get your creativity flowing. The one I worked on this week was: 'home is where the heart is', and we were asked to make a spread relating to our home or ourselves. With my love for quilting, I found myself making a paper quilt. No surprise there.
About the only way this looks anything like my home is that it's blue. My home is a colonial blue 2-story with white trim and black shutters and an attached garage. I have flower planters that are attached to the porch rail.
My base is watercolor paper coated with gesso. The background was done using the wrinkle free distress technique, but I used distress stains rather than ink pads.
I used designer paper for the walls, windows and door, and corrugated cardboard for the roof. The planters are watercolor paper, with flowers punched with a Martha Stewart hydrangea punch.
The tree is a Sizzix die, but I trimmed off some of the trunk. The leaves are made with the same hydrangea punch. I thought it was pretty cool to be able to use a flower punch for leaves.
The sentiment is computer generated.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful week.
I really like the way the windows look "lit up" from the inside. The tree is fun! And your inky background is great...
ReplyDeleteI just love this layout... what is your purpose though... does this work of ART (really it is) go in a scrapbook ??? What a gift you have! Thanks for sharing!!!
ReplyDeleteReally lovely, Melody!
ReplyDelete