Hi friends. Wow! I got hit with a nasty head cold over the weekend -- one of those where your head feels all stuffy and your brain doesn't seem to want to function. I just didn't have the energy to do much. Yesterday for lunch, DH cooked steak out on the grill in the rain (and 40 degrees). So I didn't have to do too much preparation, which was nice.
Anyway, I did get another heart made for the February monthly challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art, but didn't have the energy to get up a blog post. For this one, I made a woven heart. I cut strips from a brown paper bag and then colored them with lots of different colors of distress stain. I used my heat gun to dry the ink, so I didn't have to wait for it to dry. Because I was using paper bags, the colors are really rich and dark.
Starting in the center and choosing colors randomly, I wove the strips together as I glued them to my base card (a piece of cereal box chipboard). Then I die cut a Spellbinders heart from a piece of card stock and glued it over the woven paper.
The sentiment is computer generated, and I added some doodling with a black Pitt pen and faux stitching with a white gel pen.
And look what showed up in my mailbox today!
This is a prize package I won from Red Lead just for leaving a comment. Lots of fun new goodies to play with. Thank you Chris and Sharon.
Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit.
Sorry you are feeling under the weather!! I have a kiddo home snoozing on the couch, occasionally barking like a seal, with red rosey cheeks!! Seems like the colds/flu is especially bad this year!!
ReplyDeleteI love the sentiment on this heart! So very true!
What fun goodies you got! Now, to feel better so you can play with them!!