Hi friends. My sister was having our dad's cousin over today and asked me if I wanted to come for lunch, so I said 'sure'. I'm a person who likes to keep my hands busy, so I grabbed a pack of white cardstock, a few stamp sets, a couple of inks, watercolor pencils and my basic tool kit. My intention was to just stamp and color images. I also grabbed a crochet project in case I needed a diversion.
I did color a few images, but that isn't much fun if you don't have a specific project to put them on. So I checked out the inspiration challenge on SCS. Most of the samples given and even pictures on the selected site just didn't do anything for me. So I went back to the samples. I chose the fifth sample and took my inspiration from the trellis in the background.
Since I only had white cardstock, I swiped my vintage photo distress ink pad down the paper to color it brown. Then I cut thin strips from the colored cardstock to build a trellis.
I stamped leaves and flowers from peaceful petals (SU). The flowers were colored with inktense pencils and water brush, and the leaves were colored using a blender pen dipped into my vintage photo ink pad. Then I fussy cut them out... yeah, I cut around all those tiny stems. I don't do that often, but I really wanted the trellis to show behind the flowers.
The sentiment is from the same set.
I then punched some 1/8" circles from the same brown cardstock to make some faux brads.
I sponged vintage photo ink along the edges of the card and the trellis panel.
Thanks for stopping by today.
You are so good at making great cards out of limited supplies!! My brain just FREEZES!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like we've both taken a long break. It's all good. Sometimes the creative soul needs a vacation!!