Hi friends,
This card was made for a mixability challenge on SCS that was tie dye tissue. I used some shipping filler paper instead of tissue, so I had some problems with the paper not absorbing the color like it was supposed to. I used food coloring to get more brilliant colors, and I do like how the background turned out.
The stamps are SU's You've Got This, sponged with ink.
The ribbon was a find at Good Will - a mostly full reel of seam binding for a dollar. It's a very pale pink, but I thought it was pale enough that I would be able to dye it with ink. I pressed mustard seed distress ink on my craft sheet, spritzed with water and pressed the seam binding into the ink until it was fully colored. Then I used my heat gun to dry it. I was really pleased how well the color changed, and you can't tell that it started out pink.
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
Lovely colours and love the reuse of packaging. I hold on to loads to reuse too. Fab idea best wishes Linda x
ReplyDelete