Wednesday, August 5, 2020

More ink storage

Hi friends. 

After making the large revolving rack for storing my distress ink pads, I knew that I also wanted to make storage for other inks that I have, since they were being stored in places not very accessible.  So, using the same method I used for building the other rack, I made four more smaller racks that fit my other ink pads.  Since these were not all the same size, I made them to fit groups of similar ink pads. Which means they are different sizes.  But I moved my ribbon, so I could put these in a place easy to reach. 
The upper left unit holds archival and a couple other Adirondack inks, VersaMark, Encore, and Fabrico inks.  Lower left holds Brilliance and Stazon inks.  Upper right holds ColorBox pigment inks.  Lower right holds ColorBox Chalk inks and a few thicker pigment inks. 

I do have some Kaleidacolor inks, but haven't decided yet if I will make a unit for those.  I probably will. 

My Stampin' Up ink pads, refills, and markers are stored in a wooden revolving rack that I won years ago.  However, I have more inks than fit in it, so I'm planning to make a small rack (or more than one) to fit on top of that revolving unit to hold those extra inks. 

While in the process of all this building, I also made a couple of boxes to hold some things.  I have a stand that I wanted to make some open boxes for. 
There are ridges near the center and the center post, so I needed to work around those.  I made 4 parts for each shelf, but because of the angles involved, and the chipboard is thicker than I usually work with, they were a little too big, and didn't fit.  So I glued them together where the angles meet, added a bottom piece and made these instead. 

I don't know how to figure the angles, so it was mostly guesswork.  They are not perfect, not fancy, and not pretty, but will work to hold something.  I haven't quite decided what yet.  I will probably try again to make something that fits, but not this design.  I know I can add a filler and just build on top of the ridges, which would make it much easier, so I may do that. 

Thanks so much for taking time to visit today.  Stay safe and be blessed.

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving your creativity in creating all these storage units
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine