Thursday, October 25, 2007

Christmas masquerade


The ways to use it challenge in Splitcoast today was to use some form of masking, so I created a card using reverse masking. I cut an oval in scrap paper using a Fiskars Shape Template. I adhered it to my card stock with temporary adhesive. Then I stamped the tree from season of joy in wild wasabi. I sponged around the inside of the oval with brocade blue. Then I covered the oval with versamark ink, removed the mask and any adhesive residue, and embossed with iridescent ice ep. It is very sparkly IRL.

I backed the image piece with handsome hunter cs, and added a rhinestone brad in place of the star atop the tree, but thought it was too plain around the outside, so I added spirelli in each corner with silver cord.

The card base is stamped in brocade blue using so swirly jumbo wheel, and the sentiment in stamped in handsome hunter. The image panel is raised on mounting tape.

Recipe:
Stamps - season of joy, star-studded season, so swirly jumbo wheel (SU)
Ink - wild wasabi, brocade blue, handsome hunter, versamark
Card stock - brocade blue, handsome hunter, very vanilla
Accessories - iridescent ice ep, heat tool, jewel brad, sponge, silver cord, needle, mat pack, piercing tool, mounting tape

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Erika H. said...

Welcome to blogging! I love your masking...it turned out so perfectly. Great card.