Friday, November 23, 2007

Blissful retirement

Happy Friday. Since I do not like crowds, I chose to stay out of the stores today. I took my daughter back to her apartment, since she had lots of homework, and when we drove past the mall, she couldn't believe how many cars were there. It's one of those days that you can spend a half hour just looking for a parking place.

Anyway, after I got back home, I needed to make a retirement card for one of my husband's coworkers. He wanted it big enough for people to sign, so I made it 5"x7". I utilized yesterday's ways to use it challenge on Splitcoast - stitching - by making a spirelli circle. Although these look complicated, they are actually quite simple to make.

The base of the card is apricot appeal and I stamped paisley on the lower portion in purely pomegranate ink. For the circles; the largest curve was made by tracing around a large baking dish and cutting by hand. The black circle was drawn using a compass and cut by hand. The two smallest circles were cut using a Fiskars Shape Template cutting system.

I stamped on the pomegranate using the so swirly jumbo wheel in vanilla craft ink. The brads on the black circle were a sort of gray color. I sanded them with my sanding block, then dipped them in rose red craft ink and clear embossed. I love being able to change the color of brads to match my paper. I have a handy tool that holds the brad while heating, so I don't burn my fingers. To get the brads evenly spaced, I drew pencil dots and pierced the holes with my piercing tool.

The image is a Stampendous flower stamped in purely pomegranate ink on some designer paper than came in a stack from DCWV. I punched three flowers from some velvet ribbon to make a dimensional layered flower. I used the back satiny side on the front, because I thought it matched better. The layers are attached with a black brad. The image circle is raised on mounting tape.

Card recipe -
stamps: paisley, noteworthy, so swirly jumbo wheel (SU), flower (Stampendous)
ink: purely pomegranate, basic black, rose red craft, vanilla craft
paper: apricot appeal, basic black, pomegranate, dp (DCWV)
accessories: brayer, piercing tool and mat, brads, clear ep, heat tool, needle, black thread, mounting tape

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Melody!