Sunday, December 23, 2007

Another gift card holder

I have a hard time using designer paper. I love it, but am just not sure what to do with it, so I've been accumulating quite a stash. I used 2 small pieces on this gift card holder and I feel good about that. Thursday's ways to use it challenge on SCS was to use gift wrap, so I also incorporated that on this piece. The gold behind the spotted dp is from an old roll that I got from my mom about 8 years ago. And she probably had it for 10 years before that. It has a wonderful texture and is very shiny. I used the same layout as the previous post. The punched flowers were roughly edged with a Krylon gold leafing pen to give them more texture. And I added some faux piercing around the white circle, because I thought it looked a little bare.

The details:
stamps: season of joy (SU)
ink: wild wasabi, garden green
paper: wild wasabi, real red, whisper white, gold textured wrapping paper, dp (JoAnn's Christmas stack)
other: cuttlebug, nestabilities circle dies (Spellbinders), 5 petal flower punch (SU), small flower punch (EK Success), piercing tool, gold brad, ribbon

Thanks for stopping by.

Since tomorrow and Tuesday involve family Christmas celebrations, I will probably not be posting. I want to wish you all a wonderful and blessed Christmas.

No comments: