Sunday, December 16, 2007

Happy Sunday!

For Saturday's inspiration challenge on SCS, I made this card. I used the colors and the circles for my inspiration. I cut all the circles with my nestabilities in my cuttlebug. The scallops are edged with Krylon copper leafing pen. The flower is colored with Copic markers (I have much to learn in using those). The bird is stamped with chalk ink, but there wasn't enough contrast, so I outlined it with black pigma pen. If I were to make this card again, I would use a darker ink. I pierced around the circle and added faux stitching with a black marker. I added liquid pearls in the scallops of the larger circle and on the dots of the flower. But I didn't want them to be white on the scallops, so I colored over them with a Copic marker once they were dry. The sentiment is from a retired SU background stamp. I added the doodling around the edges, because I thought the card needed something to pull it all together. I think a black layer under the guava would have worked as well.

The details:
stamps: time well spent, paisley, word by word (SU); robin script heart (Stampington & Co.)
paper: groovy guava, ruby red, basic black, white mat coat paper
ink:
basic black, groovy guava, adirondack pitch black, burnt sienna chalk ink (Colorbox)
accessories:
Copic markers, white liquid pearls (Ranger), Krylon copper leafing pen, piercing tool & mat, mounting tape, nestabilities (Spellbinders), cuttlebug

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful week.

No comments: