Friday, December 14, 2007

Scrooge Chick

This card was made for a Lindsey's challenge in the member company forums over on SCS. The challenge was to make a Christmas card using nontraditional colors and lots of bling. I thought this chicken would make the perfect scrooge. I would have used 'bah humbug' for the sentiment, but I didn't want to hand write it and my printer isn't working very well right now, so I decided to use something I could stamp and just add a bit of sarcasm.

On vanilla card stock, I stamped the pine branches in chocolate chip ink, and the chicken in basic brown ink. Then I used watercolor crayons and an aqua painter to color the chicken. Then I stamped the small snowflake from the snowflake spot three times on creamy caramel and punched them out with my 3/4" circle punch. I drew in the ornament caps and wires with a chocolate chip marker and then glued on the ornaments and attached page pebbles on top of them. Next I sponged the edges with chocolate chip ink and stamped joy three times. I layered the image piece onto a piece of bravo burgundy card stock, then punched a slot and added ribbon tied in a knot. I then attached it all to the more mustard card base. The final step was adding lots of copper stickles to the branches and the nest. I had a lot of fun with this card. I hope you enjoy it, too.

The details:
stamps: the snowflake spot (SU), chicken (Judith), pine branch (Rubbernecker)
ink: basic brown, chocolate chip
card stock: more mustard, bravo burgundy, chocolate chip
accessories: watercolor crayons, aqua painter, sponge, 3/4" circle punch, horizontal slot punch, page pebbles, copper stickles (Ranger), ribbon (Jacksonbelle's store)

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Erika H. said...

What a great card...I am starting to feel just like that chick. The colors are so wonderful...portrays the sentiment and sarcarsm well!