Friday, January 4, 2008

Chocolate, anyone?

Did that title catch your attention? Not candy, but a chocolate card.

The limited supplies challenge on SCS today was to make a card using no white or vanilla card stock. That is actually not too difficult, since there are so many choices of card stock in light colors. I chose to use a combination of creamy caramel, close to cocoa and chocolate chip, in both ink and card stock, using a picture from Diane's blog as my inspiration. This card also fits Tracy's January blog challenge to use something new that we received for Christmas.

These flower stamps I used were a Christmas present from my husband - 3 Step Daisy from Kitchen Sink Stamps. The flower is 3 separate stamps that when stamped on top of each other give dimension and color to the flower. The leaves have only 2 steps. The flower is stamped in creamy caramel, close to cocoa and chocolate chip. I stamped the center in black, but it really doesn't show, because I covered it with cinnamon stickles. The leaves are stamped in creamy caramel and chocolate chip. I added the swirl from Priceless and the sentiment is from a retired set called Noteworthy.

I pierced around the leaves and flowers, added brads and folded ribbon. The main image panel is raised on mounting tape.

Supplies: stamps: priceless, noteworthy (SU), 3 step daisy (Kitchen Sink Stamps)
ink: creamy caramel, close to cocoa, chocolate chip, basic black
paper: creamy caramel, close to cocoa, chocolate chip
other: cinnamon stickles (Ranger), brads, piercing tool & mat, chocolate grosgrain ribbon, mounting tape

I hope you've all been having a great week. Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Diane said...

Very pretty, Melody! I love how all the shades of brown come together to make a gorgeous card! Adding that swirl from the priceless set is a nice touch too!

Tracy.H said...

This is beautiful!! Thanks for playin' along...and good luck!! :0)

Jennie Skaggs said...

This card is beautiful...love the colors and all your details. WOW. Jennie

Diane said...

This is soooo gorgeous!!! Love all
the shades of brown and the bling in the middle of the flower is the
perfect touch!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

What an awesome card, I love chocolate. I have weekly classes and my ladies told me on Thursday that they really don't like brown, or anything with brown, like green, blue, pink. Well, I couldn't believe it, cuz I use it with alot of colors. Sure takes the fun out of designing cards.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This is GORGEOUS!

love2Bcreative said...

Ohh! This is soo pretty Melody!
TFS~

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.