Last night Lindsey had a party in the Jacksonbelle Embellishment members forum on SCS, which included some chatting, trivia, and stamping challenges, along with a lot of giveaways and fun. Here are the three cards that I made.
This black and blue card (and I don't mean bruised) was for a color challenge.
The flowers were stamped with black stazon ink on the white panel and again with brilliant blue ink on a scrap of white. I punched out the single flower with a 1-1/4" circle punch and layered it on a black 1-3/8" circle. I popped this up over the same flower stamped in black for a spotlight technique. The ribbon was tied around the white layer before I glued it to the black card base. The sentiment was stamped in brilliant blue along the flower stem and then I added some faux piercing in the corner. A very simple but elegant card.
Stuff I used: stamps: flower (stampendous), sentiment (warm words - SU)
ink: jet black stazon, brilliant blue
paper: whisper white, basic black
other: ribbon (michaels), circle punches (SU), mounting tape
A card using eyelets was another challenge, so I made a laced panel with designer paper and chocolate chip card stock. I used my crop-a-dile to punch all the holes and set the eyelets. Then I laced it with brown crochet cotton and a needle. I wanted to put an image over the dp, so I stamped the flower on acetate with stazon ink and colored it from the back side with copic markers. While that was drying, I stamped the same image on the right side of my really rust card base and colored it with SU markers. I coated the flowers with crystal effects. Of course, I now needed to let that dry, so I slipped the acetate underneath the lacing and folded the ends over to the back. Using my crop-a-dile again, I punched through the acetate and card stock and added eyelets to anchor the strip together and finished off the lacing. I popped up the panel and stamped the sentiment along side the other flower.
Stuff I used: stamps: oh, so lovely (SU), sentiment (Judith)
ink: jet black stazon, chocolate chip
paper: really rust, chocolate chip, dp (old world stack - DCWV)
other: crop-a-dile, creamy caramel eyelets, needle, brown crochet cotton, crystal effects, ruby red and old olive SU markers, R27 Copic marker, mounting tape
And the last challenge was a valentine card. I started by gluing some rich cranberry card stock to a piece of cereal box chipboard. Then I made a heart pattern and traced it on the back and cut it out. I was going to emboss with white on the heart, but then I remembered that I just got some new rub ons from SU and decided to use those instead. I added a row of diamond stickles along one side of the heart.
For the background, I stamped the flower from a new SU set called 'it's a beautiful thing' in purely pomegranate ink on naturals ivory card stock. I made the scalloped edge with a corner rounder without the corner guide, and then punched a 1/8" hole in the center of each scallop. I glued this piece to cranberry card stock and added a strip of black and some gold cord along the left hand side.
The sentiment from the same set was stamped on naturals ivory card stock and punched out with a large oval punch. Since I wanted a layer of dark card stock behind that, but don't have a larger oval punch that would work, I had to improvise. I punched a designer label punch and another oval from cranberry and glued the sentiment onto the designer label. Then I cut the other oval in half and glued each end behind the designer label so that it formed a nice layer on the ends. Both the sentiment and heart are raised on mounting tape.
Stuff I used: stamps: it's a beautiful thing (SU)
ink: purely pomegranate
paper: naturals ivory, basic black, non-SU cranberry
other: gold cord, white rub ons, corner rounder, 1/8" punch, designer label & large oval punches, mounting tape, diamond stickles
It was a fun party and a great way to end off the year. I want to wish you all a wonderful and blessed new year. Thanks for stopping by.