Saturday, March 22, 2008

pearls of blue

The calendar says it's spring, but yesterday we got lots and lots of snow. Almost all the snow had previously melted, but now everything is white again. I'm ready for green grass and flowers.

I'm so happy I was able to stamp a bit today. I made this card for the inspiration challenge on splitcoast. I took my inspiration mainly from the colors. I stamped the big flower from fabulous flowers with turquoise craft ink and double embossed it with clear embossing powder. For the smaller layers, I just eliminated some of the petals. Each layer is raised on mounting tape.

For the upper corners, I punched photo corners from turquoise card stock and silver vintage corners with a cuttlebug die. I interlocked the two and attached them to the caribbean card base with my new quickie glue pen.

On the lower part of the card, I trimmed brushed silver, white and turquoise card stock with my retired SU wave scissors. The sentiment from stem sayings was stamped in turquoise ink on the silver.

After everything was glued down, I added lots of dots of blue liquid pearls, representing the pearls on the inspiration bracelet. I had a hard time getting a good picture, because there is so much shimmer on the card.

Supplies:
stamps: fabulous flowers, stem sayings (SU)
ink: tempting turquoise classic and craft
paper: cool caribbean, tempting turquoise, brushed silver, whisper white
other: clear embossing powder, heat tool, cuttlebug, cb vintage corner die, photo corner punch, blue liquid pearls, wave scissors, mounting tape

I'm so glad you stopped by. I have another card I'll be posting in bit.

2 comments:

Janine said...

This is very very pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Melody this card is gorgeous. That flower is amazing... so much shine with the double embossing. Love it.