Saturday, May 24, 2008

Happy Saturday! Are you enjoying your weekend. It's mostly sunny here, but still a little on the chilly side. We haven't had many days over 60 yet. This morning I decided to make a card for a challenge over at the Innovative Stamp Creations blog and it also worked to combine it with this week's sketch challenge on Splitcoast.

One of the requirements for the blog challenge was that all the stamps are from ISC and another requirement was that there was a tag included.

I started by stamping a silhouette stemmed flower in artichoke ink on vanilla card stock. I then punched the corners with my ticket corner punch and sponged the edges with chocolate chip ink and layered it on a piece of chocolate chip, which I also punched the corners on. Then I stamped several single flowers with pitch black adirondack ink on another piece of vanilla and colored them with copic markers. I decided to use just two of them, so I cut them out. I glued one flower directly on the card stock and the second one I adhered with dimensional foam tape. I added some crystal effects and dazzling diamonds glitter to the flower centers. I wanted to do something a little different with the ribbon, so I used my crop-a-dile to punch two holes on the left and one on the right, but centered between the two on the left side. I added blush blossom eyelets to run the ribbon through The ribbon criss-crosses behind the panel.

I used the same flower as before and stamped it repeatedly in really rust on the card base, to completely fill the space. The I sponged chocolate ink around the edges.

The two side panels are stamped in guava with a swirl stamp and the edges are again sponged with chocolate.

I decided to use an oval tag and tie it to the ribbon. I don't know where my linen thread is and really didn't want to spend time looking, so I used a piece of thin string and colored it with a copic marker, so it wasn't bright white. I thought there was still too much open space, so I added some brown brads. The main panel and the tag are both popped up on dimensional foam tape.

Supplies:
stamps: flair of summer, friendship, nature silhouettes (Innovative Stamp Creations)
ink: groovy guava, chocolate chip, really rust, always artichoke, pitch black adirondack
paper: really rust, chocolate chip, groovy guava, very vanilla
other: brown brads, chocolate grosgrain ribbon, ticket corner punch, small oval punch, crystal effects, dazzling diamonds glitter, blush blossom eyelets, crop-a-dile, piercing tool, foam dimensional tape, sponge

I'm so glad you stopped by today. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I initially thought that was DP in the bg!! Great job at making your own!!
Starla

Jennifer Love said...

What a fabulously beautiful card!