Saturday, May 31, 2008

An old favorite

Happy Saturday. I hope you're enjoying your weekend. Last night on splitcoast there was a mini VSN (virtual stamp night) with four challenges. I had a chance to play and finished one challenge, which was using red letters. I decided to pull out one of my all time favorite SU stamp sets, natural beauty.

I stamped the flower in black stazon on vanilla and colored it with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Then I sponged the edges with ruby red, added faux stitching, and layered it on black. The panel behind the main image is groovy guava run through my cuttlebug in the textile embossing folder. I lightly sponged over the embossing with groovy guava and then sponged the edges in ruby red and again layered it on black. I added some black brads and black grosgrain ribbon and glued it to a ruby red card base. The flower panel is popped up on dimensional foam tape.

For the sentiment, I used a Lizzie Anne set, stamped in ruby red on vanilla and punched out with my key tag punch. I added sponging and faux stitching around the edges. Then I punched another key tag punch in black and cut it in half and spread it apart, so that it created an upper and lower border. This piece is also popped up. To finish off the card, I added faux stitching around the outer edge.

Supplies:
stamps: natural beauty (SU), sentiment (Lizzie Anne)
ink: jet black stazon, ruby red, groovy guava, basic black marker
paper: ruby red, basic black, groovy guava, very vanilla
other: prismacolor pencils, gamsol, sponge, key tag punch, cuttlebug, textile embossing foloder, black brads, black grosgrain ribbon, dimensional foam tape

I'm so glad you stopped by. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

3 comments:

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

This is a beauty! Love the layout, sponging, and embellishing.

Anonymous said...

Oh another gorgeous card, Melody!! Love your rich and yummy color choices. This is such a wonderful layout, too.

Wanda said...

This card is SO pretty. I am going to have to case it sometime!!! You did such a beautiful job on it. TFS