Wednesday, June 11, 2008

a sketch challenge

Good morning. Another lovely day here. Today is the sketch challenge on splitcoast. Since it was posted early, I was able to get a card made before I went to bed. I used another of my new stamps from Rubbernecker called columbine stem.

One thing that does not come easy for me is using designer paper, so lately I've been pushing myself to use it. I still use it pretty sparingly, but I am managing to get it on a few cards. On this card I used a piece from my Basic Grey 6x6 Perhaps pad. I punched two edges with my spiral punch and glued it to a piece of black.

The columbine is stamped in pitch black adirondack ink and colored with copic markers. For the page pebbles at the top of the card, I stamped the leaf area of the flower three more times, colored them and punched 1/2" circles. Covered with page pebbles, they look like designer brads.

I tied some hemp along the right side of the image panel and raised the panel on dimensional tape.

Supplies
stamps: columbine stem (Rubbernecker)
ink: Adirondack pitch black
paper: basic black, groovy guava, more mustard, Neenah classic natural white, dp (Basic Grey Perhaps)
other: spiral punch, 1/2" circle punch, page pebbles, copic markers, 1/16" punch, natural hemp, dimensional foam tape

I'm so glad you took the time to stop by. Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great job on the sketch, Melody! Love those hemp knots too!

~Bev

Anonymous said...

This is so cool! I love the punched edges. What a fabulous border that makes especially with the black behind it. Awesome card, Melody.

Anonymous said...

What a clever way to use the page pebbles!! (another trick to file for later use!)