Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I sewed

Good morning. The challenge today for Gina's challenge a day was sewing (Sew-long 2008). Of course I had to participate. I haven't been quilting lately, so my sewing machine has been neglected.

I used two different sets on this card, both from Gina K Designs. I decided to put together some colors that I hadn't tried together before and I like the combo - blush blossom, cameo coral, tangerine tango, and chocolate chip. The flowers are stamped in tangerine on the coral, in chocolate on the tangerine, and in tangerine (stamped off twice) on the blush.

I have a top-stitch foot for my machine that I used to get nice straight stitching.

stamps: comfort & peace, botanical dreams (Gina K)
ink: tangerine tango, chocolate chip
paper: chocolate chip, tangerine tango, cameo coral, blush blossom
other: sewing machine and thread, prima flower, button, twill tape, foam tape

I have never been one to make new year resolutions or set goals, for that matter. But I thought this sentiment worked well for a new year wish.

'Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.' - Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for stopping by to visit. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Sue said...

This is a very pretty card, Melody. I like the colors you chose. Happy New Year from Minnesota!

Anonymous said...

Wow....whudda thunk that that would be such a great color combo?!
The sentiment is perfect for a New Year's wish

Shirley said...

I love the colors you used! and the border across the middle section is such a great color between the phrase and the BG. A gorgeous card!