Friday, December 26, 2008

I stamped today!

Wow, it seems like forever since I've been able to sit down and stamp. I was hoping to get several cards done today, but so far -- only one. I started with the first challenge in the Holiday Challenge Extravaganza on splitcoast. Using the blue picture as my inspiration, but not wanting to do a winter card, I pulled out my new set Echoes of Kindness (preview from the new SU catalog available Jan. 19, 2009).

I stamped the tall flowers 3 times with black stazon on white card stock, colored them with ink pads and aqua painter, then trimmed around the right edge, removing some of the flowers as I cut. I layered this on pacific point and a white card base.

Then I stamped the sentiment with pacific point on white and cut it with a labels 1 nestabilities die in my cuttlebug. I added faux stitching on the die cut and around the pacific point layer. Then I made three faux brads by punching 1/8" circles and coating them with crystal effects.

stamps: echoes of kindness
ink: pacific point, night of navy, not quite navy, jet black stazon
paper, whisper white, pacific point
other, cuttlebug, nestabilities die, 1/8" circle punch, crystal effects, white gel pen, aqua painter

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Be blessed.

No comments: