Sunday, December 28, 2008

more butterflies


I've been trying to do the challenges on splitcoast for the holiday challenge extravaganza. I'm way behind, but hoping to do most of them. I was going to try to do them in order, but when I saw today's challenge, I knew I wanted to do it right away - an inspiration challenge with butterflies -- and you know how much I love butterflies. I got to use a new stamp that has been sitting here waiting to be inked. And I used one of my cuttlebug folders that I hadn't used yet.

I ran a piece of kraft card stock through my cuttlebug in the leafy branches folder. Then I colored all the embossed areas with a white prismacolor pencil. A bit tedious, but I like how it looks. The butterfly stamp from Inkadinkadoo was stamped in chocolate chip on pretty in pink card stock. Then I colored in the open butterflies with pink colored pencil.

The photo corner punch is a double punch and although I've had it for awhile, I didn't realize that you could layer the two pieces. I've just been using each side of the punch by itself.

stamps: butterflies (Inkadinkadoo)
ink: chocolate chip
paper: pretty in pink, chocolate chip, kraft
other: prismacolor pencils, fancy photo corner punch, button, crochet cotton, ribbon, cuttlebug, cb leafy branches embossing folder, foam tape

Thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card...love the corner punch...TFS

Lastel said...

Beautiful card ! I am a huge fan of butterflies too !