Saturday, January 3, 2009

a cake inspired card

Happy Saturday. Last night the inspiration challenge on splitcoast was posted early. The web link showed some way cool cakes.

Because I love quilting, I chose the guilded quilt cake as my inspiration. I kept the colors the same - chocolate and vanilla - and used my scor-pal to symbolize the quilting lines. My card is a tent topper card style, so the fold is at the top of the square part of the card. The circles were cut with my nestabilities dies. I used a couple of new stamps; the bird is a Studio G dollar stamp from Michael's and the sentiment is Inkadinkadoo. I stamped off the bird, so that it is lighter than the words.

stamps: bird (studio g), sentiment (inkadinkadoo)
ink: chocolate chip
paper: chocolate chip, very vanilla
other: chocolate grosgrain ribbon, sponge, cuttlebug, circle nestabilities.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

I love your quilted BG and the colors you used are great together!