Thursday, February 12, 2009

playing with fabric

Hello, everyone. Today I got to play with fabric.... on my card! How fun is that? The ways to use it challenge on SCS was to use fabric on your card. I thought it would be fun to try cutting some fabric with a sizzix die (or several as it turned out). First I pulled out some fabric scraps and of course, they were wrinkled and needed to be pressed. Then I found some iron on interfacing, so I could use that to stiffen the fabric. I went ahead and ironed some interfacing on several scraps and then put them through my cuttlebug with a few sizzix bigz and originals dies. I also did some without the interfacing. As far as cutting, there didn't seem to be any significant difference between those with or without the interfacing, but I do think I like the fabric stiffness better with the interfacing.

For my card I used a Sizzix bigz die from the Hello Kitty line called flower boquet. I just purchased this one this week at JoAnn's. If you're looking for these, they're bright pink! But the store had them on a different rack than the other dies.

I used a flower from echoes of kindness for the flower stem and leaves, then just glued the flower over the stamped one and added a button. I tied a strip of fabric around like a ribbon. The lacy edging is a Martha Stewart punch.

What's in it?
stamps: echoes of kindness (SU)
ink: garden green, real red
paper: basic black, real red, whisper white
other: fabric, cuttlebug, Hello Kitty flower boquet (Sizzix bigz die), black brads, button, black crochet cotton, ticket corner punch, doily lace punch (Martha Stewart), sponge, foam tape

Thanks for stopping by. Be blessed.

No comments: