Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another fun day

Hi everyone. Today I spent the day stamping with my sister again. We both made cards for today's ways to use it challenge on SCS. I also worked on some cards for a workshop, but didn't get those finished, since there were some things I needed that I didn't have along with me. But, then, I can only haul so much with me.

For the challenge, we were to use text on our card. I used a stamp from Lexicon of Leaves. I stamped it in basic gray on vanilla and used watercolor pencils and blender pen to color the leaf. A bit of sponging around the edge with chocolate chip toned it down a little. I layered it on black. I was playing around with a technique where you use watercolor crayons to color your stamp, mist some twill tape and stamp on it, so I used a piece of that with some brads.

The sentiment is part of the set Oval All, punched out with the large oval punch and backed with a scalloped oval. Both the main image and the sentiment are popped up.

What's in it?
stamps: lexicon of leaves, oval all, thoughts & prayers (SU)
ink: basic gray, chocolate chip, jet black stazon
paper: basic black, very vanilla, dp (Juntos - SU Spanish Supplement)
other: wide twill tape, black brads, scallop & large oval punches, watercolor crayons, mister, watercolor pencils, blender pen, foam tape

Thank you so much for stopping by. Be blessed.

1 comment:

Connie M. said...

So very pretty!! It is so hot here in AZ, that I am so looking forward to the Fall already!!