Wednesday, June 3, 2009

a double challenge

Happy hump day. Since my mojo has been sadly lacking lately, when I saw the simple sketch challenge on SCS today, I figured I had to at least try it. I combined it with the Rubbernecker wacky wednesday challenge for today as well.

The main image is from Rubbernecker and the sentiment is SU. Both are stamped in black stazon. The tree is colored with markers. The brads are faux. All in all, a simple card.

What's in it?
stamps: spring garden (SU), garden tree (Rubbernecker)
ink: jet black stazon, close to cocoa, old olive and basic black markers, chocolate chip
paper: basic black, very vanilla, summer sun, old olive, pumpkin pie
other: white gel pen, 1-1/4" & 1-3/8" square punches, mat pack, sponge dauber, foam tape

Thanks for stopping by. Be blessed.

7 comments:

Broni said...

Oh, I just love this color blocking method of combining the colors, Melody! The tree is the perfect stamp to use for this layout! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Glenda said...

I like your card. Love how the tree goes across the card and how you left it to be the only elaboration.Great effect, love the simplicity.

Lin said...

Love this tree card. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.
Love from Southeastern IL,
Lin

Starla said...

Perfect for the challenges!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a pretty card...I love how you used the challenge colors for the background panels and the tree looks AWESOME!!!! Thanks for playing along with us in the Wacky Wednesday challenge!!!!

Sherry Cheever said...

Melody this is wonderful. I love how you handled these colors (that I would never ever put together and probably won't again)!

Kittie said...

Melody, This may be a dup post as I'm not sure the first one stayed. I love how you carried the tree across the three panels and great use of the three colors.