Thursday, July 30, 2009

Have a great day

Hi everyone. I made a card today for the ways to use it challenge on scs. This is the first time I've used this new stamp set, although I've had it for a month. It's called Autumn Days and was one we could preorder as SU demos. I almost didn't get it. I actually put in a second preorder near the end of the month, because I was really close to earning more great rewards (free stuff), so this was on that second order.

The challenge was to use office supplies on our card, so I started by die cutting the rolodex card and stamping it. I sponged the edges and backed it in black. I didn't like the black showing through the slots on the bottom, so I used my 1/4" square punch to punch out that and finished it off with a precision file, which I also used to round the corners on all the black layers.

The background piece of crushed curry is embossed with a SU texture plate in my cuttlebug. The smaller corner pieces are Avery labels, stamped in versamark and clear embossed and then sponged for an embossed resist.

I wanted the sentiment to look more like a hand written note, so I printed it on my computer with CK Becky font and then attached it with a paper clip.

What's in it?
stamps: Autumn Days (SU)
ink: dusty durango, crushed curry, versamark
paper: dusty durango, crushed curry, basic black, cream
other: cuttlebug, rolodex card (sizzix bigz clear die), harlequin texture plate (SU), computer, paper clip, clear ep, heat gun, sponge, Avery address labels, foam tape, precision file set, 1/4" square punch

Thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed.

2 comments:

Starla said...

Wow....love all your cards for the DTGD challenges (and this one...got a thing for fall....didn't pre order this...probably should have)

Anonymous said...

I love this stamp set, mine should be in this week. Great job!! Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne