Saturday, July 11, 2009

no butterflies?

Hello and happy Saturday. Has it really been a week since my last post? Last night I checked on the inspiration challenge on SCS and found the piece I wanted to work from.

I pulled out a really old SU set and stamped the flower three times each on summer sun, tangerine tango, melon mambo and whisper white. I started to cut them out, but was having trouble staying awake, so I decided to work on it this morning. After cutting out all the flowers, I sponged the edges on all the petals and glued each set of three together. I punched different sizes of circles from chocolate chip and then trimmed around them with my deckle scissors for the centers.

I decided to leave off the white flower and substitute a butterfly instead. The larger butterfly was on my desk, so even though it was vanilla, I decided to use it anyway. I punched the small one with a Martha Stewart punch. They are both sponged and then I added glitter to the flower centers and the butterflies.

The white background is embossed with my Swiss dots embossing folder and sponged along the edge with melon mambo. Each of the flowers and the butterfly are popped up.

I stamped the sentiment on white card stock, trimmed it with deckle scissors and ran it through my crimper. Then I sponged the edges and added glitter.

I really love dotted ribbon, but feel it's a bit overpriced for cards, so I used my white gel pen to make faux ribbon. The sentiment piece is popped up over the faux ribbon.

What's in it?
stamps: bud basics (SU), take flight (Gina K)
ink: melon mambo, tangerine tango, crushed curry
paper: melon mambo, tangerine tango, summer sun, chocolate chip, whisper white, very vanilla
other: cuttlebug, cb Swiss dots embossing folder, beautiful butterflies Bigz die, dazzling diamonds glitter, white gel pen, deckle scissors, crimper, foam tape

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Be blessed.

No comments: