Monday, November 16, 2009

last rose of summer

Good morning & happy Monday. I actually made a fairly quick card this morning. In other words, I didn't spend hours trying to decide what colors, stamps and embellishments to use. I wanted to do the technique challenge on SCS, so I grabbed an idea and flew with it, and everything just seemed to fall in place. I love when that happens.

I started by stamping the rose from Fifth Avenue Floral (SU) on vanilla cardstock in jet black stazon ink. Then following along with the directions for the technique, I cut around part of the rose and slipped it into the largest die of the labels four nestabilities (Spellbinders) and ran it through my big shot (Sizzix) and then embossed it as well. I left the die on and sponged dusty durango ink around the edge. I watercolored the rose with pink passion and pumpkin pie watercolor crayons and my water brush. Then I made a mask of the rose and sponged around the edge for a shadow. I wanted it a bit darker, so I used my waterbrush to add a little more color. Of course, then I added too much, so that's where the ribbon came into play - gotta hide those mess-ups - ha.

I stamped the sentiment right over the image and added some black pearls (Kaiserkraft) that I picked up at a recent stamp expo.

I chose dusty durango for my card base, with a strip of basic black under vanilla and then a piece of Basic Grey's Indian Summer dp, which I punched with Martha Stewart doily lace punch. The narrow strips at the top and bottom are what come off when you use the punch.

Finally, I added some dimensional tape to the back of the image and attached it. I really like how it turned out.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a wonder-filled day.

1 comment:

Starla said...

This turned out lovely!! I didn't even have a chance to check out the technique for a peek!