Sunday, December 6, 2009

oh, the busyness...

Hi everyone. Happy new week. Is your life as busy as mine feels? This week I have two classes, so lots of preparation. My Tuesday class will be my last one for that group. I've been teaching this class for four years! How time flies. I had no idea it was that long ago that I started teaching this wonderful group of ladies.

I've also been working on a quilt -- the one I 'found' that was all layered and waiting to be finished. I tied it with yarn and put on the binding. It feels really good to have one more UFO (unfinished object) completed. The only thing left is the label. As soon as I that's done, I'll show you the quilt.

The card I have for you today has a 2-fold purpose. I made it for yesterday's inspiration challenge on SCS and will also use it as one of the projects for Thursday's class. Here is the piece I used as my inspiration. I tried to get this card done yesterday, but it was one of those days where mojo was missing or hiding somewhere and I just couldn't get things to work together, so in frustration, I set it aside and sat down with a book instead. I guess sometimes you just need to sit and relax.

I decided to pull out my stamps again this morning and managed to pull this together - yay!

The flower (Fabulous Flowers - SU) is stamped in versamark on glossy white and embossed with clear ep. Then I brayered over it with rich razzleberry ink. I used a sponge to get the ink to fill in between the embossed petals of the flower. Then I thoroughly wiped it off with a tissue to bring out the embossed flower. Then I ran it through my cuttlebug in a labels four die (Spellbinders). I stamped Picotage (Cornish Heritage Farms) background on whisper white in perfect plum ink and ran it through my cuttlebug with the largest labels four die. I then sponged the edges with rich razzleberry. I glued the two labels together and lightly drew around the smaller one with a rich razzleberry marker. I added 6 punched holes (1/8") and added some ribbon.

For the card base, I stamped a phrase from Heard from the Heart (SU) in razzleberry on pale plum. Then I backed one edge with a scalloped punch piece of white and glued these to a razzleberry card base.

The main image piece is attached with dimensional foam tape.

Thank you so much for visiting today. Have a wonder-filled day.

2 comments:

Starla said...

Love the rich color. I keep looking at razzleberry and just draw a blank!!

Unknown said...

Lovely card Melody.
Thank you so much for your birthday wishes on SCS! I'm using Firefox at the moment and don't know how to get it to post messages on there.
Hugs Viv xx