Saturday, June 26, 2010

black and white and red

Happy Saturday, everyone. One of those really hot and humid days today. I went out to pick asparagus and could just smell the humidity coming off the grass - UGH!

When I checked out the inspiration challenge on SCS last night, I searched and searched for something that sparked some interest. I finally found this dress and knew it would work for something black & white with a splash of red. I ended up with less white and more red, but I really like my card.

I started by stamping the leaf stem from Wonderful You (SU) twice in versamark on black and embossing with white EP.

For the flowers, I stamped a flower from Friendship (Innovative Stamp Creations) in black stazon ink on shimmery white cardstock a number of times. Then I spritzed water on it and added real red and yoyo yellow ink refills and let the color spread in the water. I just love the color variations you get with this technique. I suppose this is just a slightly different version of reinker spread, but since I didn't emboss the image, the color spread outside the image lines. After allowing the ink to dry, I cut out the flowers. This is a bit putzy, because of the shape of the flowers, but I really like this flower cut out. I attached the flowers in sets of two, somewhat offset, with the front one raised with dimensional tape.

The red edging is also shimmery white cardstock colored the same way as the flowers. I punched both the black and red with my eyelet border punch.

The sentiment is stamped in versamark and embossed in white.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you're having a wonder-filled weekend.

1 comment:

Roxie said...

This card is beautiful Melody, the red really stands out on the black and so glad you found inspiration from that site...it was a tuff one!

Roxie/Rox71