Saturday, June 12, 2010

more blue roses

Happy Saturday, everyone. It is another gray day here. Seems we've had a lot of those lately. Very humid. I had to turn on the AC yesterday. And it's working good now. This is the first day we've needed it since it was fixed.

Today is the 35th anniversary of some long-time friends of ours and we're going out tonight to celebrate. That meant I needed a card for them. I used the inspiration challenge on SCS and part of a kit from my class this week to make a pretty quick and easy card. My inspiration came from this teapot.

The rose paper is used wrapping paper glued to cardstock and embossed. The sentiment is from My Sentiments Exactly. I used a couple of punches and nestabilities labels four dies. A bit of sponging and some pearls and I was done. I love when a card goes together so quickly.

Another project that I worked on yesterday and finished up this morning is a set of hot pads. They are nice and big - eight inches square. I stitch from corner to corner to hold the layers together and then bind them like a quilt. For the hanging loop, I made crocheted braid that is typically used in Romanian Point Lace. I made a 3" piece for each hot pad and then used the same crochet thread to attach them to the pads.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Beautiful card, Melody. :)