Monday, September 13, 2010

butterfly

Hey, y'all. It's a beautiful Monday - 70 degrees, blue skies, a little breeze...

I made a really simple card today for the technique challenge on SCS. It's just one layer and not a lot of embellishments, either.

The challenge was to use lace as a stencil and then sponge, but I just couldn't find any lace. I know I have some, but it was hiding. So I went with the suggestion to use a glimmer screen from Tattered Angels. I only have one pack of these, so I picked the butterfly. They are quite large, so it covered most of the card front. When I sponged it, I left the card flat and let it run onto the backside. I used aged mahogany distress ink (ranger).

The sentiment is from Hero Arts, stamped in black stazon. Then I added some pearls (Kaiser Craft). Quick and easy.

Thanks so much for stopping by. May you find delight in your day.

3 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

This is CAS-tastic!!! Wow. Impressive.

Starla said...

OOOOOOO!! I need to pull out my glimmer screens and give this a go!

Unknown said...

I don't have any glimmer screens yet. (can you believe it) This card inspires me to see what I can do with SCAL and plastic. It is worth a try. Thanks for sharing.