Friday, March 18, 2011

heavy metal

Hi my blog friends. Sunny most of the day today and MOST of our snow has melted. But I'm not holding my breath. It is, after all, still March and this is Wisconsin.

Are you wondering about that title? I have metal on my card. Is it heavy? No, but I thought that made for a catchy title.

Last night was another stamp release for Gina K Designs over on StampTV. Of course, there are always some challenges and I like to play along when I can, because there's also the possibility of being drawn for a prize and who doesn't like prizes?

This challenge was to use metal on the card, so I chose to use a piece of aluminum foil. First I dabbed on some alcohol inks, because I didn't want to leave it silver. Then I scrunched it up, while still keeping it fairly flat. Using Spellbinders ovals, I made a frame with black cardstock and then fit the foil to the frame. To hold them together, I pierced some holes and then stitched around the frame with black crochet cotton. I added some fun dots with white gel pen around the scallops of the frame.

The flowers (Inkadinkado) were stamped with black stazon and then sponged in summer sun and tangerine tango and then cut out. I added a bit of cherry cobbler on the outer edges of the petals and creamy caramel and tea dye distress ink in the centers. It was a little tricky gluing the flowers down, since the glue wouldn't stick to the foil, so I had to make sure that I was attaching to the frame. The punched leaves (Martha Stewart) were sponged with always artichoke, veins added with marker, and then tucked into the spray of flowers.

The embossed mustard strip was in my stash and was the right color, so I decided to use it. I added the narrow strip of ruby red and stamped the sentiment (A Muse) on it. A certainly celery card base ties it all together. It seemed like it needed just a bit more, so I added the pearls.

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit today. Have a joy filled weekend.

1 comment:

bensarmom said...

This is just gorgeous! Gotta try it. Great Title for your blog today!