Wednesday, April 20, 2011

don't worry

Happy Wednesday, my friends. It's another gray day here, but it's great to know there's a silver lining behind those clouds.

I have a card today that I made for a challenge on the Our Daily Bread Designs blog - ODBDSLC57 - no coloring.

I stamped the flowers in royal purple stazon on a piece of pattern paper from a really old stack. Then I die cut it with spellbinders labels six. For layering, I also cut a lacey circle from eggplant and embossed it with textile embossing folder, and cut a parisian motifs from ivory. I used dimensional tape between the layers. I also added some pearls on the ivory and dp layer.

I stamped the sentiment in dusty concord distress ink and added a row of pearls by that. And then I added a very thin strip of eggplant cardstock for a little balance.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a blessed day.

2 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty Melody!! I just love your colors and your simply elegant design!! Perfect take on the no coloring challenge. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Melody, what a beautiful card! I love the layering of the Spellbinders.....beautiful! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina