Friday, April 1, 2011

new toys

Hi my friends. I got some new toys today -- some Tim dies that I had preordered and have been waiting on. I can't wait to play with them, but they will have to wait just a bit. I also got a few earlier in the week that aren't the latest, but were 50% off at Sizzix.com during one of their Tuesday Teasers specials. Now I have to admit that I don't always play with my new stuff right away, but today I used two of my recent purchases, townscape on the edge die and hanging sign. However, I can't show you the card I made with the second one until Monday. You'll just have to come back for that one.

The Free for All challenge on SCS today is home sweet home - use a home on your project. I'm not sure I have any home/house stamps other than a barn, so I decided to use the townscape die. I die cut a piece of ivory cardstock and then colored it with watercolor crayons and water brush. Then I added a bit of vintage photo ink around the edges. Of course, the roadway needed a center line, so I used a black marker for that.

Because of the sentiment I wanted to use, I chose a bashful blue card base to represent the blue sky and die cut a sun from gadget gears die. I added a little summer sun ink on that. I stamped the sentiment and glued everything together, and there you have it, a really easy card.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a wonderful weekend.