Sunday, May 8, 2011

sister challenge

Hi my friends. Today, while at my sister's for a mother's day celebration, we decided to sit down and stamp for awhile. She wanted to work on a card for the featured stamper challenge on SCS, so we picked one card to use. Even though we were starting with the same inspiration, we were pretty sure our cards would end up quite different, knowing that our creative styles are not at all similar. I hadn't planned on stamping, so I had to use her supplies, since mine were all at home. Makes for an interesting process of creating. The card we chose is this one.

For this challenge, there is a requirement that you change at least two things from the original card to make yours different. I used different stamps, different colors, a different edge punch and instead of a big bow, I crocheted a little edging from embroidery floss for the top right corner.

I used a Penny Black stamp called casual, which I stamped in versamark and then embossed in white on a piece of 7 Gypsies designer paper. The butterfly is a comotion stamp, which I colored with copic markers, cut out and popped up.

I used an edge punch on the left side.

If you want to see my sister's card, you can view it here.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you were able to spend time with your family today.

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

This is beautiful Melody. I love your paper choice, and that butterfly is colored beautifully!

Starla said...

Love the white embossing on that dark dp!!