Hi my friends. It's time for another grungy Monday, celebrating the techniques and products of Tim Holtz. I've had two weeks to do this one and I'm almost down to the wire. I couldn't decide what I wanted to put in the opening, so I didn't start until Thursday. But, I finally got it finished. You can play along each week. Just check out Linda Ledbetter's blog, StudioL3, each Monday for the new challenge.
The deets for this week's challenge can be found here. I stamped some swirls from Pollen Dust (Fancy Pants) with vintage photo distress ink on the background paper, which is from my stash.
I'm not sure why this looks blue. The background paper is more greenish. The joys of my lack of photography skills.
The keys are some from my dad's old collection. I made the flower with the tattered florals die, using 2 of each flower. The cardstock started out white, but I swiped the ink pad over it before die cutting. Then I spritzed the flowers with water, crumbled them up and then uncrumbled them, stacked them and put them together with a brad. Then I played with the petals to get them shaped how I wanted them. The center is chocolate cardstock with glossy accents on it. (It looks like a small m&m - *grin*)
The butterflies were colored the same way as the flower. After die cutting, I stamped them with various background stamps.
The leaves and flourishes were die cut from some green paper from a Sizzix stack. I folded the leaves and ran them through my crimper and then added some vintage photo ink. I rubbed some diamonds stickles on the flowers, leaves and butterflies with my finger, since I wanted just a tiny bit.
The sentiment is computer generated, printed on cardstock, inked with vintage photo and backed with black. I used dimensional tape to pop up the sentiment, flower and butterflies.
I like how this turned out. I think I want to add some sort of hanger, but that can happen later. I'd love to hear what you think of my project. Thanks for stopping by.