Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's day card

Hi my friends.  After spending some time shopping this morning with my daughter, I came home and realized that I needed to make a couple of father's day cards.  The card I made for my husband, I blatantly cased from someone else, so I won't post that one, but I will show you the one I made for my father-in-law.  I decided to check if I could fit it in the inspiration challenge today on SCS and found this plate that had some great colors to work from.

I started by brayering desert heat kaleidacolor ink on glossy white cardstock.  Then I stamped a windmill (B & J's Art Stamps) in jet black stazon.  I love that look of a silhouette in a bright sunset. 

I then stamped a truck (Cornish Heritage Farms) in tuxedo black memento ink on white cardstock, colored it with copic markers, and cut it out.  I glued it to a piece of the background that was trimmed from the brayered piece.  I rounded all the corners and used a black card base.  The truck is popped up on dimensional tape.

The letters (EK Success Nostalgiques) are stamped in stazon on a scrap and punched out with a 5/8" circle punch and adhered with dimensional tape.

Thank you all for stopping by today.  If any dads are reading, I wish you a wonderful father's day.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Lovely dads day card Melody! Kaleidacolor ink pads are the best aren't they?! Such gorgeous colours!
Alison x