Thursday, July 7, 2011

you've got style

Hi, my friends.  I seem to have my days mixed up this week.  I guess that  usually happens when there is a holiday.  It actually feels like Friday today. 

Today's ways to use it challenge on SCS is to use doilies, so I pulled out my French pastry doily die from Cheery Lynn Designs and die cut a couple of doilies from white card stock.  I also cut a couple of dress forms with my Tim Holtz sewing room die.  I had this idea to make a dress using the doilies and hang it on the dress form.  There was a lot of figuring and manipulating involved, so this ended up taking me all morning to do, but I'm really happy with how the dress turned out.  I can see where I should have added some other dark accents to balance the sentiment, but otherwise I really like it. 

The background paper is really old and was pulled out to match the bashful blue ink sponged on the dress.  I also embossed it with Swiss dots embossing folder. 

The top and base of the dress form is colored with gold metallic rub-on cream and then shaded with vintage photo distress ink.  I added a double layer of card stock behind the dress to pull it away from the dress form a tiny bit. 

All the paper started out white, except for the blue dp.  The frame, which is die cut with fancy ovals from Spellbinders, was sponged with tea dye and vintage photo. 

I added some pearls to the dress to fancy it up a bit. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. 

2 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

How darling to use the doily's for the dressform, so creative!

Thanks for entering my giveaway and best of luck
hugs Lynn

Ashley said...

Such a beautiful job with your sponging and distressing!
Ashley